The Perry Greene Kennel & Remick Museum Present the 16th annual
Chinook Winter Carnival 2010. February 13th, Tamworth New Hampshire
Important Please Note! - The Tamworth Inn has closed unexpectedly.
The Event is still on; if you have reservations with the Tamworth Inn you should obtain a refund on your reservation.
Refunds can be obtained by the following methods:
- By Phone: Debbie Sells (603)323-7721
- By E-Mail: Click Here
- USPS - Tamworth Inn, 15 Cleveland Hill Road, Tamworth NH 03886
Contact Samantha's Inn at (603)323-9100 and make a new reservation. Samantha's Inn is minutes from the Winter Carnival on route 16 in Tamworth. They have an indoor pool, an exercise room, large restaurant, large full service bar attached to the Inn and private function room.
You need to make dinner reservations with Samantha's whether you are staying at their location or not. A buffet dinner for Saturday night has been arranged. The buffet is $20/person a nice selection of chicken, beef, fish and vegetable dishes will be provided along with coffee and dessert.
Samantha's is a pet and family friendly with low reasonable rates. We will see you there!
SIXTEENTH ANNUAL CHINOOK WINTER CARNIVAL
AT THE TAMWORTH WINTER CARNIVAL
TAMWORTH, NEW HAMPSHIRE
FEBRUARY 13, 2010
Your hosts, The Chinook Owners Association, Chinooks New England and Remick museum are pleased to announce the upcoming 16th Annual Chinook Winter Carnival. This year again the Chinook Winter Carnival is combined with the Tamworth’s Winter Carnival for a fun family-friendly event on Saturday, February 13th. The Chinooks will give sled dog rides weather permitting In the past the Chinooks have given over a hundred rides! This is also a chance for you to put your Chinook on a team. This is an old-fashioned country event with horse drawn sleigh rides, ice harvesting, snowball throwing contests etc. There will be a special display highlighting the history of sled dog racing and the Chinooks along with the regular museum displays.
For those of you who join us for the weekend the suggested main stay is the Tamworth Inn. Dogs are allowed in the Inn, but must be crated when you are not in your room with them. This is a historical Bed & Breakfast Inn and the food is outstanding. Call 1-800-642-7352 or (603) 323-7721 for reservations at the Tamworth Inn. We have arranged for a Saturday night buffet for $15.95 per person, a real bargain. Another option is the lazy Dog Inn a dog friendly B&B in Chocorua. Call 603-323-8350. The Lazy Dog Inn does not allow children.
If you prefer an option other than a B&B contact Samantha’s Inn, Route 16 Tamworth. This is a dog friendly motel with an indoor swimming pool, lounge and restaurant. Call 603-323-9100
Book your rooms now, this is a well-attended event and the Tamworth Inn and other options normally fill for the weekend. This event is open to everyone whether you own a Chinook or not. Everyone Welcome! Bring the kids and your Chinook.
There is an event
entry fee. Your Chinook is your
“ticket” to attend the event for you and
your family you do not have to pay a fee.
- Friday evening: For those staying the weekend we will check in and meet in the Tamworth Inn Pub between 5pm and 6pm and either have pub fare or eat in the dining room depending on everyone's preference.
- Saturday: Chinook Winter Carnival and Tamworth Winter Carnival 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Bring the kids; this is a family event at the Remick Country Doctor Museum located on Cleveland Hill Road almost across from the Tamworth Inn. We will meet at the Remick Museum and assemble our teams at 9:30 a.m. We will give rides, weather permitting (snow & temperature), from about 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. After is some free time to relax and explore the area.
- At 6:30 PM, we will meet as a group at the Tamworth Inn and have dinner for our annual get together. Important: Please make reservations directly with the innkeepers and let them know that you are with the Chinook Winter Carnival group. You may do this whether you are staying at the Inn or not but they need an accurate count for set up. Join us for dinner even if you are coming for the day.
- Sunday: Breakfast at the Tamworth Inn. From 9:30 a.m. until noon, there will be sledding and skijoring at Hemmingway State Forest. The Tamworth Outing Club will have groomed trails available for us.
- Even if you do not participate in the dog sled rides we need your help. “Safety’ people will be needed holding/ starting teams, hitching and un hitching. We need ambassadors to help Ruth Lind and Rastro at the sled dog display, handing out information on the breed and clubs.
- The village of
Tamworth has embraced the return of the
Chinook. We have made new friends every
year and have been given a warm welcome
by all involved . This has grown in to a
major showcase of the Chinook breed at a
public event. So, join us for the day or
for the weekend and take a trip back in
time, to where Arthur Walden developed
the Chinook breed.
If you have any questions contact Rick Skoglund at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-207-832-5227